POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov User Database : Re: Pov User Database Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:31:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov User Database
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 10 Sep 1999 02:31:01
Message: <37D8A5A3.762FEE71@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
For the IRTC such a site is allready existing. I would welcome such a
database and I can see no legal problem if the data is provided by the
user himself (or herself?). Everybody should know that his or her data
is made public in this manner and has to decide for himself/herself.

If the maintainer guarantees that the data i snot used for commercial
purposes (spam, spam, spam) this would be helpful, too. One could also
consider to make this site password restricted and to give the password
only to those who have submitted to the database. This would make life
harder for email miners.

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler