POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [OT] Problem with Netscape and Animations : Re: [OT] Problem with Netscape and Animations Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [OT] Problem with Netscape and Animations
From: Ken
Date: 9 Sep 1999 18:02:58
Message: <37D82E2E.99A70457@pacbell.net>
TonyB wrote:

> So you have had this problem and this solved it for you? Won't this cause
> all my messages to be unread and won't I loose really old messages? Or
> does the pov news server keep all of them?

 The pov server has all of the messages ever posted minus those that were
cancelled by the user. I cannot say for sure about your other questions
but there is a possibility that the cache can cause you problems and have
experienced this myself in the past. Most of the stuff in the cache is
simpy gifs and html tags from sites you have recently visited but who
knows what all else may get stuck in there. If you expire all messages
you can always elect to download the headers again so that you can access
all of the previous messages on the server.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: