POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov User Database : Re: Pov User Database Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:30:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov User Database
From: Ken
Date: 9 Sep 1999 17:38:14
Message: <37D82862.740EEE42@pacbell.net>
"Rune S. Johansen" wrote:

> o The database would also work as a kind of database of
>   links to pov-users own websites. I know we have already
>   big pov-links-collections but they tempt to lack in
>   links to personal webpages that doesn't contain many
>   useful resources but can be very interesting anyway.

I have considered adding a Pov users galleries section to my collection
but have resisted it simply because the sheer number of them that exist
would be a maintence nightmare. People change websites and providers
like clothing and it is hard to keep a "broken link" free page up to date.
My current data base is already a serious challenge to keep up with and
adding that section would seriously add to that burden. I may change my
mind in the future but don't expect it anytime soon.

 The reason I respond with this is only to let you know why I have not
added such a section but do not see anything wrong with the concept in
principal. I also feel that the POV-Ray webring is already idealy suited
to people that want to advertise their POV-Ray exsitance on the web so
what you propose may simply add redundancy to an already established
system.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: