POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media once, media twice, media once again : Re: Media once, media twice, media once again Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media once, media twice, media once again
From: Jerome M  BERGER
Date: 7 Sep 1999 18:02:08
Message: <37D58B63.69CEDDE1@enst.fr>
Matt Giwer wrote:

>         But it has not been a long time.
>
>         A nutshell. I have copied scattering media parameters from
> scenes where it works well as in light coming in a window. I have
> tried to obtain exactly the "lit fog" we have all seen around
> street lights and such. It does not work.
>
>         I am about of the opinion that whatever this media is, it is not
> what we would expect it to be from experience with this very
> unsatisfactory reality of ours. I expect to see a halo around the
> light source. I get the entire scene "lit" which is fine for fog
> but I don't get the halo around the light source.
>
>         An interesting addition but still not what at least I am looking
> for.

	If you want to see how I did it (with fade_distance and fade_power),
the pic is at:
http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/1999-08-31/jbhome.jpg
and the zipped source at:
http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/1999-08-31/jbhome.zip

		Jerome

--

* they'll tell you what can't * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* be done and why...          * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger
* Then do it.                 *