POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : weird merge : Re: weird merge Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: weird merge
From: Chris Huff
Date: 7 Sep 1999 17:56:34
Message: <37D58A59.D2995EFD@compuserve.com>
They are both the same, there shouldn't be any difference(sorry!)
between the speeds. If speed is important, you should manually bound
both difference and intersection, because the program can't reliably
determine the best bounds for them.(I haven't done this in my macro
collection, and it needs it badly for some objects composed of many
primitives. For simpler objects, the gain is so small it can be
unnoticeable.)