POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Food for thought... : Re: Food for thought... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:14:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Food for thought...
From: Ken
Date: 5 Sep 1999 08:11:48
Message: <37D25DA8.B40E845B@pacbell.net>
Mark Wagner wrote:

> >Ergo assumption is not the burden of proof.
>
> Just disproven.

  Disproven ?!! Poppycock and bolderdash ! You have merely provided
evidence that there are exceptions to the rule and have done nothing
to disprove reality. You may banty words but you need to provide
stronger arguments than those you just provided to convince me otherwise.

> >The definition of evil is easy to explain because it is inextricably
> >tied to self preservation.
> >People fear harm much as they do pain, physical or emotional, ergo
> >evil is bad, pain is bad, pain = evil, and one still equals one.
>
> People fear harm.
> People fear pain.
> Therefore, evil is bad.
> Therefore, pain is bad.
> Therefore, pain = evil.
>
> What doesn't make sense here?
>
> Mark

You may have broadened the discussion but you have provided no evidence to
disprove my statements. Philosophical debate is not one of my stronger suits
but stubborn belief is one of my strongest character traits. Your going to
have to do better than that.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: