POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media once, media twice, media once again : Media once, media twice, media once again Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  Media once, media twice, media once again
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 5 Sep 1999 03:03:53
Message: <37D215D6.90CB4F6A@giwersworld.org>
But it has not been a long time.

	A nutshell. I have copied scattering media parameters from
scenes where it works well as in light coming in a window. I have
tried to obtain exactly the "lit fog" we have all seen around
street lights and such. It does not work.

	I am about of the opinion that whatever this media is, it is not
what we would expect it to be from experience with this very
unsatisfactory reality of ours. I expect to see a halo around the
light source. I get the entire scene "lit" which is fine for fog
but I don't get the halo around the light source.

	An interesting addition but still not what at least I am looking
for.

--
<blink>---please--don't---</blink>

http://www.giwersworld.org/artiii/