POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A link for Star Trek fans... : Re: A link for Star Trek fans... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A link for Star Trek fans...
From: Ken
Date: 4 Sep 1999 19:40:19
Message: <37D1AD8B.B42081B6@pacbell.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:
> > Should I add a fonts section:

> MAYBE__X_

> Sorry about the "maybe", I'm just thinking that rather than fonts per
> se (like any and all ttf) that perhaps font utilities geared toward
> POV-Ray would be the most appropriate thing.  That and things done
> with fonts, etc.  I mean anyone could look up fonts easily enough or
> already have many anyway as you have said.

  That was my point. Fonts are like weeds on the internet with thousands
of sites that offer them. When it comes to font tools however I bookmark
any and all utilities that I feel will associate well with Pov without the
slightest hesitation. My current collection would be nothing without that
attitude.

  Judging by the limited responses so far though I probably will add
a section for sites that offer large selections of fonts. This way the
people searching for them can dig through the sites to fill their needs
and I won't have to maintain a large data base for sites that offer them.

> Just being a weed in the lawn.
> Bob

Hoe, Hoe, Hoe your lawn,
eradicate the weeds,
merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
fonts for all your needs.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: