POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : lighting help - room edges, area lights, shadows : Re: lighting help - room edges, area lights, shadows Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lighting help - room edges, area lights, shadows
From: Ken
Date: 4 Sep 1999 04:53:27
Message: <37D0DDB3.4207035B@pacbell.net>
"John M. Dlugosz" wrote:

> As for using radiosity, I'll have to play with the numbers to see if I can
> get it to "work".  I suppose varying the distance_maximum is enough to get
> it working, or will I have to explore more degrees of freedom?  My earlier
> try basically didn't work.
>
> --John

I am far from any kind of expert on the subject but as I understand it when
you use radiosity be sure to keep the distance of your objects from each
other down to a minimum. If your room is hundreds of units wide and it that
far from objects to walls the feature does not work very well. Small rooms
and scales are almost mandatory for radosity to work right. This I have heard
but have spent little time with the feature to date.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: