POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Features : Re: Features Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Features
From: Ken
Date: 3 Sep 1999 18:19:42
Message: <37D04926.D26072EA@pacbell.net>
Larry Fontaine wrote:

> I'm using unpatched POVray 3.1, and I am wondering, what features am I
> missing out on? I saw one posting that looked like it used the patterns
> (agate, crackel, etc) as an object, with the user defining at what point
> (0-1) in the pattern the surface of the object is at. (I think that's an
> isosurface? now I can't find it...) Are there any plans to implement
> these things in future official POVs?

Lots of different neat features from several patches have been combined
into Ron Parker's unnofficial SuperPatch.

The isosurface patch is currently available inside the SuperPatch.
http://www2.fwi.com/~parkerr/superpatch/

It will eventually make it into Pov v3.5 but there is no set date as to
when that will be released.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: