POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: Subdivision Surface Suite Updated! : Re: ANNOUNCE: Subdivision Surface Suite Updated! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: Subdivision Surface Suite Updated!
From: Chris Huff
Date: 3 Sep 1999 11:20:05
Message: <37CFE767.B2A6F5A0@compuserve.com>
I have an idea that you may already have thought of: A "filter" option,
which would set the position of each point to the position returned by a
macro that takes the original point as a parameter. That macro could be
redefined to anything the user wants, and applied to the entire mesh.

#macro SSSFilterMacro(point)
    (point * point.y)
#end//this could be redefined anywhere in the scene to do practically
anything

loop throught the points in the mesh doing something like:
#declare pointPos = SSSFilterMacro(pointPos);

Sorry if this is already in the SSS, I haven't had the chance to look at
it yet.