POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : cones in a box : Re: cones in a box Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cones in a box
From: Ken
Date: 2 Sep 1999 04:27:28
Message: <37CE349C.B9C65813@pacbell.net>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

>   Personally I like it more when people mention an URL to the image instead
> of posting it to p.b.i. It's much easier to just copy the URL to netscape
> (or just clicking the url in some newsreaders) than going to another
> newsgroup, searching the post in question and coming back here.

The only limitation with this method is if in some future time someone else
wishes to see the referenced image the file could well have been removed
from a web site while it will still be available here on the server. I often
reference back to past messages dating as far back as the beginning of
this server. If refereneced material was unavailable the content of some
messages would be worthless. I will also agree though there are case where
is is appropriate top provide a link to some temporary data of no importance
but in this case it is an important part of the data in the message and
should not be time limited.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: