POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oval Shape : Re: Oval Shape Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oval Shape
From: Ken
Date: 31 Aug 1999 14:26:06
Message: <37CC1E03.483C861@pacbell.net>
Ken wrote:

> Uneven scaling is one way to do this. If for example you were looking
> through the hole of a torus in front of the camera scale it:
>
>  scale<1, 1.5, 1>

Adding to my previous post if you want the links elongated more so than
the script I posted before you can try the following script. I also added
a method of linking the links together with the proper rotations.

camera { location 12*-z  look_at 0}
light_source { 60*-z rgb 1}

#declare Torus_part =
intersection {
 torus{1,.25 rotate 90*-x}
 plane{y,0}
}

#declare Link =
union{
object{Torus_part translate y*-.5}
object{Torus_part rotate 180*x translate y*.5}
cylinder{y*-.5,y*.5,0.25 translate x*-1}
cylinder{y*-.5,y*.5,0.25 translate x*1}
pigment{rgb 1}}

union{
 #declare a=0;
 #while(a<10)
   object { Link
            scale     0.5
            translate y*-5
            rotate    y*90*a
            translate y*1.2*a
  }
 #declare a=a+1;
 #end
  scale<.5,1,.5>
  rotate 45*y
}

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: