POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : image-maps and transmit : image-maps and transmit Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:13:32 EDT (-0400)
  image-maps and transmit
From: Mr  Art
Date: 31 Aug 1999 12:34:28
Message: <37CC03E9.61259ECD@gci.net>
Hi all,
    I am having trouble getting an image map to have transpatent colors
in it.
I have rendered a scene of text as "NutWords.png" and used it to wrap
around a glass globe.
 ex: #declare Test =pigment{image_map{png "NutWords.png" transmit 0,.5}}

( Only the parts that give me a problem are left as I test this.)
 When I try to render, I get an error message like this:
#declare Test =pigment{image_map{png "NutWords.png" transmit 0
<----ERROR
F:\AUserScn\test.pov:11; error: Keyword 'transmit' cannot be used non
color-mapped image.

When I looked in the help file to find the right format, I find this:

The Filter and Transmit Bitmap Modifiers

To make all or part of an image map transparent you can specify filter
and/or transmit
values for the color palette/registers of PNG, GIF or IFF pictures (at
least for the modes
that use palettes). You can do this by adding the keyword filter or
transmit following
the filename. The keyword is followed by two numbers. The first number
is the palette
number value and the second is the amount of transparency.

What am I missing? I saved this part of the project for last and now I
am stuck.
Thanks for any help.

Mr. Art