POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Rounding off edges : Re: Rounding off edges Server Time
28 Apr 2024 07:01:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rounding off edges
From: Chris Huff
Date: 29 Aug 1999 09:27:40
Message: <37C93587.3F5A374F@compuserve.com>
In addition to what the others have said, don't forget the torus shape.
IMO, it is under-used. You can easily make a rounded cylinder which
renders faster than an equivalent superellipsoid.(a macro for this is
included in my macro collection in povray.binaries.utilities, and a
version for cones will probably be in the next version. Ken, would you
post this one for me too? This time I will make both Mac and PC text
versions, for those who don't know how to convert.)