POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What time is it? : Re: What time is it? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What time is it?
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 29 Aug 1999 09:26:09
Message: <37C93533.2DF3342B@fv.aetec.ee>
Peter Popov wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Aug 1999 02:40:12 +0930, PoD <pod### [at] merlinnetau> wrote:
>
> >Er. how about something like 'time > time.txt' in DOS/Windoze or 'date >
> >time.txt' in *n*x.
> >It won't be very portable though.
> >
> >Cheers, PoD.
>
> This was the first thing that I tried the first time this question was
> brought up. Unfortunately the time command expects stdin input. A
> simple echo. > time won't work :(

One possibility would be to create response file, which contains
carriage return /newline and direct it as input to time command. I.e.
create text file nl.txt, which contains single newline. Now invoke:
time <nl.txt >time

BTW, if You have NT, then it has /T option, which just ouputs time:
C:\>time /T
16:15