POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What time is it? : Re: What time is it? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What time is it?
From: Ken
Date: 28 Aug 1999 01:10:10
Message: <37C76EDC.2F273B47@pacbell.net>
Bill DeWitt wrote:

> Is there a way to call the present system time into a pov file? So that I
> can use it to show the correct angles of the sun and moon? I think I can do
> it using a text program which has a time stamp, but I wonder if POV does
> it...
>
> I don't find a reference to it in the help file, and none of the options in
> the editor look like it.

There currently is no way to access the systems clock. I have thought about
using it to randomize the seed value in a rand statement but it doesn't make
sense to use if unless you want no control over repeatability of a pattern.

You trying to make a scene you can distribute to others that will match the
time in their time zone ? Otherwise why not just type the time in ?

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: