POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : lenses, light and photons : Re: lenses, light and photons Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lenses, light and photons
From: Tore Nordstrand
Date: 26 Aug 1999 23:31:36
Message: <37C605D6.60B2E0AC@rasmus.uib.no>
gregg wrote:

> that you will be able to reproduce this effect. To realistically model light
> in all its glory, one must incorporate both particle and wave behavior. The

If you model the wave behaviour that will be enough. There is an early
paper
in the siggraph journals about realistic wave modelling of a scene. I
have tried
to hack up a wave modeller, but it is slightly out of my reach
computationally.
I do think that a serious effort should be made in this direction.

--
Tore Nordstrand         |       nfy### [at] rasmusuibno