POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Grass/meadow in PovRay? : Grass/meadow in PovRay? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Grass/meadow in PovRay?
From: Felix Pertriconi
Date: 26 Aug 1999 17:19:58
Message: <37C5AF27.6FCA170C@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Hi,

is there anybody who has found a usable solution for creating
grass / meadow in a scene? For greater distance everything
is easy to handle, but at closer range my only only solution
are many many small grass blades.

During creating a forest I worked successfuly with a combination
of real trees in the first row and then image_maps on "disc"-trees.
This way uses at the moment about 220MB at max. memory. The parsing
is quite fast, the rendering takes about 10-12 min, but the freeing
of the memory needs 2 minutes MORE. (WinNT 256 MB RAM Dual PII 300)
Is there any way to speed up this last part of the render-process?
(Beside buying more RAM or a faster CPU)

Many thanks for all answers,

Felix