POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : outlined image : Re: outlined image Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:14:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: outlined image
From: glenk10
Date: 25 Aug 1999 18:48:33
Message: <37C47270.224A@concentric.net>
Well, it turns out that there are two Gif formats.... Gif87a and Gif89a.
Gif89a allows for a transparent background while Gif87a does not.

There is a program called giftrans.exe that converts the Gif87a to
Gif89a letting you specify what #rrggbb color will be transparent.

I found this program on a site at:
 http://members.aol.com/htmlguru/transparent_images.html

Glen