POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : NURBS in PovRay? : Re: NURBS in PovRay? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NURBS in PovRay?
From: Mike
Date: 25 Aug 1999 17:58:51
Message: <37C46531.1977CDEB@aol.com>
All I have to say is I paid $200 for Hash animation Master and wrote a plugin
for it that can export POV-Ray bicubic patches.  Simple and easy. :)

One thing I've noticed is that NURBS appears to have been a fad.  They can
accurately represent some objects that bezier patches cannot, yet from an
artistic point of view there is no real advantage.  The latest thing is
subdivsion surfaces;  NURBS are yesterday's news (if you buy into that malarchy)

-Mike