POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface Online Tutorial - I have a website now : Re: Isosurface Online Tutorial - I have a website now Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface Online Tutorial - I have a website now
From: Chris Huff
Date: 24 Aug 1999 19:07:44
Message: <37C325F5.25CBCF14@compuserve.com>
I tend to agree, there should be a separate keyword(limit_object?
limited_by?) and the inconsistency is annoying. I don't think it would
be difficult at all to do this, but I don't know anything about the
isosurface source.(This "bounding" shape is necessary for the
calculation method to work)
However, I think you can still declare an isosurface, and then manually
bound an instance of that isosurface, and it will work normally. I
haven't tried it, though, but if it works, it would allow vampire
isosurfaces, etc.