POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Site problem : Re: Site problem Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Site problem
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 24 Aug 1999 00:04:42
Message: <37C21A64.F757E837@geocities.com>
Ken wrote:

> Nieminen Mika wrote:
> >
> > David Heys <cel### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > : The ".jp" indicates the site is hosted in Japan. I don't have my browsers set
> > : to show pages in anything other than english. As a result, when I drop in on
> > : Finnish, Japaneze, etc... sites, I see the gobbledeegook you seem to have
> > : seen.
> >
> >   Finnish? I have never seen such a page in Finland. I think that they all
> > use regular latin-1 coding.
>
>   I don't even have latin-1 coding as an option in my version of Netscape.
> I have my default set to western ISO 8859-1 and have options to various
> flavours of Baltic, Central Europe, Chinese, Cyrillic, Greek, Japanese,
> Korean, Turkish, and Unicode.

To help out, Latin-1 is ISO-8859-1.
If you were only involved in the esoteric field of i18n then you'd know that  :-)

Oh, and byt the way, Windows uses their own CP-1252, not Latin-1/8859-1. Almost the
same, but just different enough to cause headaches.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.