POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Site problem : Re: Site problem Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:13:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Site problem
From: Ken
Date: 23 Aug 1999 23:15:01
Message: <37C20E02.3DC3B4BD@pacbell.net>
Matt Swarm wrote:

> Ken:
>
> I love a good mystery.
> If my off-the-cuff peek has led me astray... I'll blame it on sleep
> deprivation.  If not, I'd guess somebody's HTML editor DLL went all scwewy.

That sounds plausable.

> If this helps, hows about some comments on my Image Size vs. Rendering Times
> problem?
>
> Matt

 I have been hesitant to respond to this particular suggestion because I
honestly don't know if it is relevant or not. I know from personal experience
that the only time a larger image takes significantly longer to render than
a smaller image does is when advanced features in Pov are used creating a need
to trace a greater number of rays. A simple sphere, one light source, and a
camera can be rendered at high resolutions in surprisingly short amounts of
time. I personally stick with the theory that load needs to balanced by means
of content and not size.
  It should not be a surprising that on my p200 machine the skyvase file is
still an adequate challenge and takes a few minuets to render. It may only
take a few seconds on a Cray computer but wouldn't that be expected because
of it's significantly greater computing power ?

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: