POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Site problem : Re: Site problem Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Site problem
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 23 Aug 1999 11:54:29
Message: <37C16F3B.ED559569@geocities.com>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <37C### [at] pacbellnet> , Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
> wrote:
>
> > Can someone explain to me why the text at the site below is not readable ?
> > Mostly I see bunch of little boxes with text headers in english. Is it
> > a language setting problem with netscape ? I tried different settings but
> > it made little difference.
> >
> > http://web.kyoto-inet.or.jp/people/tantaka/modeler.html
>
> It is a side in Japanese. Usually you need to setup your OS to support these
> character systems. I know that Windows can work with both, Russian and
> English systems, so I suppose by installing some extra libraries you can get
> support for all languages (in this case Japanese) under a regular English
> (or any other language) Windows...

All you need to do is have a Japanese font installed on your system.

You can get the Bitstream Cyberbit font, or just go to Microsoft's IE site and
get the "international language packs". All they really are is just a font file
and a .NLS file. They install to the system, so then Netscape can use whatever
language you put in.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.