POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Complicated Question : Re: Complicated Question Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complicated Question
From: Charles
Date: 20 Aug 1999 18:18:21
Message: <37BDD493.A253C081@enter.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:
> [...] The rendered singular
> pixels have a tendancy to flicker on and off (just as in animations,
> only single frame here) so they either show on the display or not.

This very thing has affected proceedural (ie. granite of some such)
starfield patterns and been successfully counteracted by
super-charging the ambient (that is, setting ambient 10.0 or some
such wildly exaggerated ">1.0" value) --- naturally, that makes the
pixel look luminescent, but for stars and planetary bodies, that's
what you want it to look like anyway, so it can for these purposes
be a valuable trick.

Charles
--
http://www.enter.net/~cfusner
"...Then darkness took me, and I strayed out of thought and time,