POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A birthday, of a sorts ... : Re: A birthday, of a sorts ... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A birthday, of a sorts ...
From: Steve
Date: 20 Aug 1999 15:46:17
Message: <37BDA499.88160D0C@ndirect.co.uk>
Alan

I just flew off the handel a bit.  It was Nieminen's tone that
got me a bit, I like to think of these NGs as being a safe place
to go where diversity is either enjoyed or ignored, not like the
physical world where diversity tends to be stamped on all too
often both today and in the history of so many states including
England.

I'll shut up now and go and try to make my www Micros~1
compatible.

Steve

Alan Kong wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 01:34:16 +0100, Steve <sjl### [at] ndirectcouk> wrote:
>
> >It's a bit like saying don't talk about displacement maps because
> >most of us don't understand them.
>
>   Hi, Steve. If Albert had asked in Spanish for a brief history of POV-Ray I
> wouldn't have been able to direct him to the page's .url.
>
>   There's no standing rule that says that anyone *must* speak English-only
> but news.povray.org is primarily frequented by English-speaking persons.
> Posting messages in English will likely result in more than a few responses
> to questions concerning POV-Ray. This isn't a policy of exclusion - rather,
> if all parties speak English, why not post in English so others may
> participate?
>
>   If, on the other hand, a person speaks only Spanish and I could speak the
> language I would try to post my reply to a Spanish-language post in both
> Spanish and English, and attempt to translate the context of the question
> for the benefit of others. Unfortunately, I cannot understand Spanish :(
>
> --
> Alan
> http://www.povray.org - Home of the Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer
> news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get
> together to exchange ideas, information, and experiences with others

Cheers
Steve

email - mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

%HAV-A-NICEDAY Error not enough coffee.