POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Skyvase Rendering Times : Re: Skyvase Rendering Times- Irrelevant? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skyvase Rendering Times- Irrelevant?
From: Ken
Date: 19 Aug 1999 07:44:09
Message: <37BBEE08.47AD79A8@pacbell.net>
Matt Swarm wrote:

> When we shift the focus from the work a particular machine will do to
> TESTING CPUs and machines in general, Ken, it seems to me than NM's
> criticism becomes more applicable.   For example, if an x86 compiler used on
> POV source is inferior to an Alpha compiler, the Alpha might look 50% faster
> for certain POV programs.  Clearly, we are not just testing hardware.
>
> Matt

  I won't argue your point... BUT... well ok. Then the only true test
of your performance would be when it is compared to a similar system
architecture and platform running at a specific speed. Any other
comparison would simply imply that your machine is different than
someone else's and your results would therefore be misleading. It
that what you are implying ?

--
Ken Tyler

See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: