POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Freezes my computer!!! : Re: POV Freezes my computer!!! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:11:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Freezes my computer!!!
From: Ken
Date: 18 Aug 1999 22:37:56
Message: <37BB6DFF.837B4B12@pacbell.net>
TonyB wrote:

> [Previously posted in .windows, with no response]
>
> Hey, people. Something very strange and very scary has happened to me.
> Well, not to me, but to my computer. I downloaded the latest ATI video
> drivers and installed them. Now, every time I run POV or a patch of POV,
> it starts to load, and then suddenly freezes the computer. It freezes
> just before the splash screen normally comes up. What can I do? Did the
> new drivers replace a dll that POV uses or something? Are they not happy
> together? Please help me!!! I want to keep on POVing...
>
> PS: Just to make sure, and since I've been needing more space, I am
> getting a new hard drive, before it's too late, when I know it's ruined.
>
> --
> Anthony L. Bennett
> http://welcome.to/TonyB
>
> Non nova, sed nove.

Boy I keep hearing bad thing over and over with regards to ATI boards.
There are no .dll's that would have been replaced by ther ATI setup file.
All of Pov's .dlls are local to it's own directory. Make sure that your
windows settings are correct i.e. color depth and screen resolution.
Other than that it may be a direct conflict with the ATI drivers and the
Pov software. If all else fails reinstall your previous drivers and forget
about the updated drivers. Was there a reason for installing them in the
first place other than they were recommended by the manufacturer ?

--
Ken Tyler

See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: