POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Render speed decay saga: the first frame is a doozy! : Re: Render speed decay saga: the first frame is a doozy! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render speed decay saga: the first frame is a doozy!
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 16 Aug 1999 10:09:12
Message: <37B81AF5.4BCCC69B@geocities.com>
Well, I oversimplified my description a bit.  I think it actually is
frame 1: fog +  0 objects
frame 2: fog + 100 cylinders
frame 3: fog + 200 cylinders
frame 4: fog + 300 cylinders.
.. reaching a maximum number of objects of 2400 at frame 25, I guess.

Perhaps I just need to put those 100 cylinders in the first frame!!  Thanks,
will try. . .