POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Visions of "BLESS YOU!" : Re: Visions of "BLESS YOU!" Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visions of "BLESS YOU!"
From: Ken
Date: 16 Aug 1999 03:21:50
Message: <37B7BC08.61893607@pacbell.net>
Nieminen Mika wrote:

> Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
> : I never said I dissagreed I simply pointed out that there did not need to be
> : a year zero when counting time as long as you have a zero reference point
> : to start counting time from. Lance is so easy to bait he jumped in without
> : even reading my message. I snicker in his general direction !
>
>   So we are living in the first millenium right now. Why? Because from
> year 1 to year 999 is 999 years, so it's not a millenium. The first millenium
> is, thus, from 1000 to 1999.

You are arguing semantics. When this year ends 2000 years will have passed
regardless of WHEN the time period began. 2000 years just passed as I typed
this sentence. 2000 years will have passed again tomorrow. Knowing what time
you are at NOW makes it simple math to know when WHEN was. Oooops 1,000,000
years just passed when I typed this sentence. Go back to the zero starting
point of that 1,000,000 years and you will know it's WHEN. It really doesn't
matter what WHEN is as long as we know what NOW is. And for the world the NOW
at the end of this year will be 2000 years later than some WHEN of the past.
Remember that time is linear no matter what math you want to try to throw
at it.

Got it !

--
Ken Tyler

See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: