POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Art of POV-Ray : Re: The Art of POV-Ray Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:27:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Art of POV-Ray
From: David Heys
Date: 15 Aug 1999 17:43:07
Message: <37B7340B.EF5735A@hotmail.com>
I guess we all, to one degree or another represent all the camps. I myself would
think of myself as being an artist first and foremost. But in order to create
the things I want to create, I've had to dabble into math, architecture, etc..

For me it's always been the journey, much more than the destination. I much
prefer to just wade right in and fiddle around. Sometimes, the end result is
several hours spent with nothing worthwhile to show for it. Other times, the
results are spectacular (to me) with plenty of food for thought left over for
another day.

I guess that's why I always find things like the IRTC such a challenge. To be
able to plan a complete scene from beginning to end is just not my usual style.

David