POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Render speed decay: 7 s to 7 m : Re: Render speed decay: 7 s to 7 m Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render speed decay: 7 s to 7 m
From: Arthur Flint
Date: 13 Aug 1999 13:05:13
Message: <37B45015.4D40ED1C@gci.net>
This might have something to do with memory usage. I recently ran
a 100 frame animation of a rotating planet using a detailed image on
the surface. The render speed decay was *bad* and the program
exited after 22 frames. The memory recovery time lasted almost
1 minute. If I had my old system, I might understand, but I run
128 meg ram. Possibly the program does not reclaim memory after
each frame.