POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Two mesh bugs found in povwin 3.1g : Re: Two mesh bugs found in povwin 3.1g Server Time
23 Jun 2024 16:12:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two mesh bugs found in povwin 3.1g
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 12 Aug 1999 22:53:47
Message: <37B38859.87B19017@Kopp.com>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> The problem persists in my version of UVPov (5.4)
> The following scene exhibits the problem in both UVPov and official 3.1g (and
> causes the malloc error in the Superpatch).

Actually, it's not the same problem...  similar... it's actually a new bug
that was introduced by my fix.

The problem is this:  Textures are shared by all instances of a mesh object.
If you comment out the 3rd instance, you'll see that the texture is
transformed to the right.  All of the transforms are composed.  oops.

The solution is to move the Textures outside of the "Data" struct in the mesh
object.  The "Data" struct is shared by all instances of the object, and
it is not good to share textures if you want them to be transformed for
each object.

Ok... it's fixed on my computer now.  It will be fixed in the next release
of UVPov.

-Nathan