POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Visions of "BLESS YOU!" : Re: Visions of "BLESS YOU!" Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visions of "BLESS YOU!"
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 12 Aug 1999 16:37:09
Message: <37B3304E.D1F8471@xs4all.nl>
Ken wrote:

> Remco de Korte wrote:
> >
> > Lance Birch wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, just as a side tangent here (since everyone has been doing so in the
> > > post mentioned), I didn't read the original post, just some of the last few.
> > >

> > Okay, I hesitated to do this but: what's this about. To which thread/message is
> > this referring? I seem to have missed a lot of excitement. Am I the only one not
> > getting this?
> >
> > Remco
>
> The "BLESS YOU" thread started originaly as the " #read #fiasco " thread then
> changed names once the poster found the info needed and was thanking those
> that helped. All hell broke loose shortly there after.
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at:
> http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/index.html

Thank you! I had an entertaining half hour over this thread once I found it. I
thought it ran for a long time but it seems to have taken only about a day to
fire things up. Perhaps it was the eclipse (for us Europee-ers).
I'm glad I didn't get caught up in that thing, but to put things in perspective:
a couple of months ago the VCards started to irritate me too. Especially because
in the binaries groups I tend to look for the binaries first, just finding
another VCard. Since most messages with a VCard were from M.G. I contacted him
through (private) e-mail kindly asking him if he would consider leaving the
VCards out. I never got a reply. So, as he suggested, I
unsystematically/semi-conciously filtered his messages, just skipping most of
them. Did anyone notice? Did I bother anyone? Did I miss anything? Well, yes, of
course: I missed a juicy flamewar.

Most of the time these type of things are not worth the bother, but they can be
"fun". Perhaps blowing of steam in one of these groups will prevent someone from
beating up the kids for once ;-)

Hm ,what I was trying to say: the discussion was partly about "netiquette". Is a
flameware netiquette? If so...(fill in your own conclusion)

Regards and have fun (and peace of course),

Remco

Are we a bunch of old farts that don't smell so good anymore?