POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Interest in POV-Ray distribution system? : Re: Interest in POV-Ray distribution system? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interest in POV-Ray distribution system?
From: Ken
Date: 12 Aug 1999 03:24:21
Message: <37B2767C.E249E9F9@pacbell.net>
"Jon A. Cruz" wrote:

> I was sitting here trying to get motivate to get this done, and I was
> wondering if anyone out there would really be interested in it?
>
> I'm doing the initial client and a rough server in Java. I have
> prototype tests working on Windows and Linux at the moment. So, are
> there any people who could actually use this once it's in shape for a
> public beta? I'm going to be putting it to use for the IMP, but I would
> like to help others if possible.
>
> The system is designed to work in WAN/Internet type settings first of
> all, but should work fine on a LAN for a local render farm as well.
>
> --
> "My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
> But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.

How would it work exactly. I don't mean from a programmers veiw point
but rather as a group of people hooked up to the system from remote
locations. Would the combined power from all of the computers online
be used to render one scene or could multiple sessions be running at
one time and the task shared evenly for all those connected or ?

  Pardon my ignorance of such things but I am curious to know and I am
sure other lurkers out there might be interested in the details as well.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: