POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Interest in POV-Ray distribution system? : Interest in POV-Ray distribution system? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Interest in POV-Ray distribution system?
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 12 Aug 1999 01:25:48
Message: <37B25B55.9C47EE4B@geocities.com>
I was sitting here trying to get motivate to get this done, and I was
wondering if anyone out there would really be interested in it?

I'm doing the initial client and a rough server in Java. I have
prototype tests working on Windows and Linux at the moment. So, are
there any people who could actually use this once it's in shape for a
public beta? I'm going to be putting it to use for the IMP, but I would
like to help others if possible.

The system is designed to work in WAN/Internet type settings first of
all, but should work fine on a LAN for a local render farm as well.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.