POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Focal blur confidence : Re: Focal blur confidence Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal blur confidence
From: Ken
Date: 11 Aug 1999 22:52:23
Message: <37B236C8.9EEEE119@pacbell.net>
Peter Popov wrote:

> Ken,
>
> I have always found your sense of humour really amusing though
> sometimes a bit twisted and finger-freezing :) Hence, I am 100% sure
> you are just kidding at the end of this post. Still, I'll take a bite
> at that bait, thank you :)

I was kidding in my own twisted way of course.
Ron is really no fun sometimes :)

> <takes the bait>

Fish on quick set the hook !

> When I was looking for a decent newsreader [I was using Outlook
> Express back then :( ], I grepped all lines starting with "X-Mailer"
> out of the Outlook data files and sorted them, then removed the
> duplicates. I came up with a list of newsreaders that I hadn't heard
> about, like uka_ppp, crosspoint, knews, MT-NewsWatcher, News Xpress,
> NoticiasUPU, TIN, Turnpike, WinVN etc. I then asked about those here
> in the ng. You seemed to be following the thread judging from your
> short yet informative answer (<quote Ken> Netscape </quote Ken>). So
> you've heard about TIN after all :)

 Only quite recently or I had totally forgotten about it. I seem to
recall your quest for a new news program stemmed from eternal problems
with the computer you were using at the time. Netscape was crashing on
a continual basis and windows was even unstable to the point where you
could hardly operate on it anymore. At that time your quest for a stable
platform and news reader really began as I recall.
 I remember this well because I was having similar problems as you and
could not for the life of me figure out what the problem was. It turned
out in my case to have been an overheating problem of my CPU. Once I
got that cooled down Windows quit crashing all the time as did Pov and
Netscape. It took me nearly 5 months to figure that out and I had to
reinstall windows and netscape several times because of system errors
caused by the overheating CPU. I never realized how unstabel a computer
could become when the /CPU overheated. Nothing was safe when it was and
any operation system or software was at risk because of it.
 Serious frustration was endured during that time period but now all is
sunny and unruffled with me. In fact my current session of windows has
been running for nearly 550 hrs. now and shows no sign of stopping
unless I choose to end it myself.

> BTW I am ready to bet my disability pension that there are less than a
> dozen people in Bulgaria that have heard of POV-Ray, less than half a
> dozen that have seen it, and less than one third of a dozen that
> actually use it, and heck I'm gonna win that bet! That doesn't mean
> POV is
>
> <gulp!>
> <gathers courage>
>
> not a great program
>
> <gulp!>
> <hides in a corner>
>
> does it? :)
>
> <spits bait, ha!>

Nope your in the net buddy.

Pov is not great. It is the best !

--
Ken Tyler

See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: