POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Focal blur confidence : Re: Focal blur confidence Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal blur confidence
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 10 Aug 1999 22:57:42
Message: <37B0E6B8.639A70E1@giwersworld.org>
Ron Parker wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 20:39:47 -0400, Matt Giwer <mgi### [at] giwersworldorg> wrote:

> >       That confirms TIN being a primitive newreader.

> No, it confirms that Netscape and Microsoft wouldn't recognize the relevant RFC
> if it was crammed up their collective asses one page at a time.  Any decent
> newsreader has the same problem with vcards.

	I am unaware NS and MS being thrown off the RFC committees for
failure to comply. While I agree unix is the best OS available, I
find its users generally an unsurly lot when it comes to their
self-perceived superiority in using it. And, yes, I have used it
and VMS and some other long dead and happily so OSs.

> >       So now the polite request is to switch modes depending upon
> >which newsgroup?

> No, the polite request is and has been to ditch the vcard.  Only other Netscape
> users can make any use of it, and it conveys no additional useful information.

	Did I miss that post? Can you direct me to it?

> >       So far as I can tell, one person appears to have a problem. And
> >his problem is that his newsreader is the lowest common
> >denominator. And if you do not mind, that bothers me. If someone
> >wants to complain my website is not compatible with Lynx, I do
> >not think my response would be belligerant.

> Actually, I count at least three different people who have said vcards
> irritate them.  My newsreader is hardly the least common denominator
> (the math guy in me says there is no such thing anyway) as it has features
> yours doesn't and never will, such as the ability to score posts.

	Scoring posts, now that appears to be a useful one. If slrn is
to great it has the ability to filter. Use it. No difference to
me.

	As to three people it annoys and for the math guy in you, that
is (users<sub>tot</sub> - 3) who are at least polite enough to
deal with the world as it is. Is that number significantly
different from (users<sub>tot</sub> - 1)?

> >       As to rude, I direct your attention to his first post to me on
> >the subject.

> I see.  The fact that he was rude to you justifies you being rude to him.
> I'm so glad I skipped kindergarten, if that's what they're teaching these
> days.

	Now that was clever. A kindergarten reference. Have any more
from the Dale Carnegie manual?

	You folks are really insisting upon a pissing contest to waste
disk space. Why is it so important to you?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)