POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #read fiasco : Re: BLESS YOU! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:14:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BLESS YOU!
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 10 Aug 1999 22:35:21
Message: <37B0E17B.868EAB3A@giwersworld.org>
Ron Parker wrote:

> Just because some idiot at Nutscrape doesn't understand USENET
> culture doesn't mean you have to meekly follow along.

	When .com domains were permitted, internet culture began a
permanent change that will never turn back. In the last seven
years, the old "internet culture" has been reduced to 20% at most
if all students are counted regardless of using it or not, not
counting intranets. Four years ago I read some university-type
hand-wringing over the cost of converting to graphics terminals
to keep up with the changes.

	I am hardly sympathetic to people who try to turn back the clock
by claiming a company with maybe 40% of the installed market
doesn't understand. And the other big chunck of the installed
market is Free Agent. Shall the world go backwards because
universities have not paid to move forward?

	I don't see why this newsgroup should be used to debate the
merits of progress. If people want to use UNIX they take
everything that comes with it and does not come with it. If it
doesn't come with a newsreader compatible with current more
popular apps that is part of the consequences of using Unix.

	So those of us who can use new features should not because of
what is not available in Unix? Was l&oumlaut;ss mit diese Bild?

	BTW: ARPA probably still maintains my 1972 account. You know how
the government never throw things away.

--
<blink>-------please--don't-----------------</blink>

http://www.giwersworld.org/artii/