POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature Suggestion: blur : Re: Feature Suggestion: blur Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:26:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature Suggestion: blur
From: Ken
Date: 9 Aug 1999 01:03:35
Message: <37AE5F77.A6C52DB8@pacbell.net>
Xplo Eristotle wrote:

> Ah, but aren't the patches platform-specific?

  With this particular feature I don't believe that are any portability
issues involved. Where external libraries are involved such as using
windows .dll's then it is a problem but this addition to the Superpatch
is not one of them. The only issue is if it breaks something in the
official version or compromises must be made to include it.

> Anyway, this would be a REALLY useful feature when you need it, and
> (seems to me) should require minimal coding work, if the other blurring
> code (focal and/or AA) is modular enough. It would seem to me like a
> good idea to make sure that it gets in there...
>
> -Xplo

  I agree that any new feature that proves itself useful should be added
to the official version if at all possible. Especialy when the programming
has already been done for the Pov Team.

--
Ken Tyler
I know you are but what am I ? <Unknown child>