POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature Suggestion: blur : Re: Feature Suggestion: blur Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:26:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature Suggestion: blur
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 9 Aug 1999 00:55:07
Message: <37AE5F51.DF1@unforgettable.com>
Ken wrote:

> >   There is a blurred reflection patch floating around somewhere but I don't
> > remember which one off hand.
>
> It's in the superpatch: http://www2.fwi.com/~parkerr/superpatch/
>
> Since Ron sent the source to the Superpatch to the Pov team it might
> be included in Pov v3.5 but there are no gaurantees that it will.

Ah, but aren't the patches platform-specific?

Anyway, this would be a REALLY useful feature when you need it, and
(seems to me) should require minimal coding work, if the other blurring
code (focal and/or AA) is modular enough. It would seem to me like a
good idea to make sure that it gets in there...

-Xplo