POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looking for stereopair->HF software : Re: Looking for stereopair->HF software Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for stereopair->HF software
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 4 Aug 1999 10:31:08
Message: <37A84EE0.6F6810D2@xs4all.nl>
Ron Parker wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Aug 1999 18:50:22 -0700, Ken wrote:
> >
> One of their favorite projects is the one where they build clay mountains,
> then submerge them to various depths and draw the contour lines.

Sounds like fun...

I was
> looking for free or inexpensive software that could be used with a digital
> camera to automate the process, so they can see how it's done in the digital
> age.

And derive them of the fun?

  I figured that if such a thing existed, one or more of you 3d guys
> would know where to find it.  Unfortunately, I'm beginning to  believe that
> there is no such thing after all.
I know someone who will probably know such a package but it's likely to be same
as the one you found, or similar like in expensive.
I thought it shouldn't be hard to make such a program if you know exactly what
to use it for (straightforward). Then I thought, the problem is probably not the
program (that's just calculating a parallax or what-do-you-call-it), but the
photography. You have to know the exact location of the camera at two points.
Also, you'll probably need quite a high resolution to get a result with a
reasonable amount of details. If the photo-part is not a problem I can't imagine
that the programming-part would be (not for you, would it?).

Regards,

Remco
http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/