POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Updated list of links : Re: Updated list of links Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:27:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Updated list of links
From: Ken
Date: 4 Aug 1999 06:20:56
Message: <37A8134E.6898A5B5@pacbell.net>
Chuck Roberts wrote:

> I just updated my raytracing links. It has renderers and modellers and
> utils for windows, OS2, unix. It is one of the largest collections of
> raytracing programs on the net.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/3959/Raytrace.htm

 Hi Chuck,

 Not wanting to sound too negagtive but there are many dead links in your
collection. Most or all of the utilities that used to be hosted on the Pov
ftp web site have long since gone away and are no longer availvable there.
This alone out dates a dozen or more of your links. Besides the broken
links many of your links are to some really outdated materials. If you
would really like to update your collection feel free to visit my site or
drop by the pov news server in the povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions
section and take a look at my links collection. I think you will find many
there worth adding to your collection and you may find some valid links to
replace the broken links in you own collection.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm