POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Twysted.net : Re: Twysted.net Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twysted.net
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 2 Aug 1999 13:18:59
Message: <37A5D369.3DCB061F@geocities.com>
Twyst wrote:

> Anyways.. I have a quick preview of the site look up at
> http://24.108.7.134/work.htm
>
> Give me some feedback on it, please.

Well, it looks almost nice on my system. Good text, legible, except...

It scrolls off the screen to the right. My screen is 1280x1024, 32bit, but I
don't use my browser full-screen. I keep it to windows that are portrait, not
landscape, and who's size and dimensions approximate an 8 1/2 x 11" sheet of
paper.

It scales wider well. If you could get it to have a smaller minimum width, then
it would be much more functional. I like the way that http://www.linux.com/
functions.

Oh no. I just did a screen-grab to check, and guess what size I have my window
set to? 648x942. Guess that 640 width might not be such a bad idea after all,
as it makes longer text far more readable, etc. (Take a peek at any magazine or
newspaper to see that tall and narrow is much more readable)

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.