POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Twysted.net : Re: Twysted.net Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:26:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twysted.net
From: Spider
Date: 31 Jul 1999 18:55:40
Message: <37A30678.DB9F3718@bahnhof.se>
Twyst wrote:

> Well, I'm currently working on restarting twysted.net
>
> After problems with webservers, work, and other fun stuff, I'm gonna give it
> a whirl again.
>
> some of the thoughts I'm working on are thus:
>
> 1) Use Macromedia Flash 3/4
>     - there are reasons for this:
>         - almost universal in scope (I know of linux, Mac, and windows
> versions)
Suuuuure... it's there alright.. Installed the plugin, now crashes every
time I access a macromedia made page. Sorrry, Don't like it.
>         - Small size and bandwidth.
Still... I prefer text-only pages.
>         - Removes screen size limits, as it scales auto-magically.
Yes... still..... Just make a frame 640x480 and use that at all times?
Or do as Ozone has... one VERY big page, and using only a part of it in
DHTML. (www.ozones.com, really nifty, yet.... :)

> 2) Customizability.
>     -I'd like to make it somewhat like slashdot in terms of a sidebar that
> you can customize to whatever you like. This means a free membership kind
> of thing.
Yes... Hm, CGI and database.. php3 probably then...

> 3) Content

This is the important part IMO. its here the work should go.

> 4) Staff
hey, happy to aid when I can tear myself from apathy for long enough to
do something.. sadly enough, that's not often nowadays..

> 5) Advertising
Banners can be survived, popupwindows CANNOT.

> Thoughts? Comments? Offers for help?
yeah, you got them ;)

//Spider
--Bleed, for the final day...