POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Please help with some really hard math : Re: Please help with some really hard math Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Please help with some really hard math
From: Alain CULOS
Date: 30 Jul 1999 17:41:11
Message: <37A21C5C.76FE232E@bigfoot.com>
Hi there,

Sorry to butt in so late, but !
IMHO this should really be handled at C level. I know programming is
not that easy. But really what you are talking about is just an iso
surface function. So why not benefit of what the isosurface has to
offer to you.
It's there, already programmed, accessible for whatever purpose : not
just tracing, but evaluating the value at any point you wish.
I hope I'm not wrong in my assumptions, but I really think the answer
is there at your finger tips : use the superpatch.

Cheers,
Al.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.