POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I heard it on the news a few days ago... : Re: I heard it on the news a few days ago... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I heard it on the news a few days ago...
From: Ken
Date: 30 Jul 1999 02:17:23
Message: <37A142CC.170F2204@pacbell.net>
Lance Birch wrote:

> They were naive... we have the power to think things through (hopefully
> logically) but we still don't see the dangers.  Oh well, let the downfall of
> the world come :P

 We still believe faster than light travel is physically impossible but it
really has not been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Einstein's theory of
relativity is only just that a theory. We are still naive and have little
to show to the contrary. We are the new kids on the intellectual block and
have a considerable amount to learn yet. Advancements in computers will aid
in this process but they will not gaurantee it's success. Computers are
only as smart as the people that program them. Fear not the grim reaper.
Old rays never die they just fade away. Beware ye who enter here abandon
all hope for here there be tigers.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net