POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Quicktime Problem when using the Ray Tracing CD : Re: Quicktime Problem when using the Ray Tracing CD Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:43:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quicktime Problem when using the Ray Tracing CD
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 27 Jul 1999 18:36:14
Message: <379e345e@news.povray.org>
In article <379cba28@news.povray.org> , "Glenn Travis"
<gtr### [at] orbitworldnet> wrote:

> YES!
> It worked!!  I first placed the QT 1.6.1 in the disabled extensions folder.
> Then I used the extensions manager edit option to restart with all
> extensions off and then made a POV set that contained a few extensions and
> now, the apps are working great!  There is only one problem so far.  For
> some reason, the Mac defaults to the version of QT that is in use,
> regardless of what extension manager set is selected for use; which requires
> me re-selecting QT 1.6.1 or QT 4.0 and restarting.  I am sure that one of
> your brainy people knows why that is.  I did notice that even a restart with
> all off results in a QT extension selected.??

This is perfectly normal. QuickTime installs itself "into" (sorry, I don't
have a better non-technical term) the System at boot time. I am afraid you
will have to reboot to switch.   Oh, and i have to say that it is indeed
very interesting to see that QuickTime 1.6.1 still runs under Mac OS 8.6.
It shows what great engineering job Apple is doing! :-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde