POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : making body parts ?? : Re: making body parts ?? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: making body parts ??
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 26 Jul 1999 13:05:24
Message: <379c5c0a.3952178@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 25 Jul 1999 10:11:25 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>Cliff Bowman wrote:
>
>> Erm... looking for something on topic. Oh yeah. Some of the online
>> fandom even tinker around with POV to re-create some of the aspects of
>> the show. They might even re-create lost episodes and new fan stories
>> if they ever get their seats in gear :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Cliff Bowman
>> Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/
>> PS change ".duffcom" to ".net" if replying via e-mail
>
>What was the basic premise of the show ? Star Trek was to explore new worlds,
>new civilazations, and to boldly go where no man had gone before.

I'll try to answer as succinctly (although this will be someaht short
of comprehensive). Overall the show was about an ancient humanoid with
12 "regenrations" (lives, in effect) who was mostly a well-intentioned
hobo travelling through time and space. A LOT of stuff from Who shows
up in other SF/Fantasy shows, for a couple of reasons. One is that Who
"borrowed" from earlier literature/films much as newer shows do - and
one is that Who is a show that has been repeatedly "borrowed" from.

BTW, don't ask a Who fan where the Borg come from. If you do and they
mention "Cybermen" nod sagely and back off slowly <eg>